Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Constantly Freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NadineB

NadineB

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

My computer's problem is that all the programs and everything that's running suddenly freezes (programs, mouse, music, etc.) from time to time. Especially when I'm watching videos, usually on fullscreen, or on particular websites such as Twitter or those that take a while to load, are sluggish when scrolling through or have a lot of content. After it freezes, I would have no choice but to restart the computer. I tried formatting my computer, and installing the system on a new hard drive with plenty of space. I also cleaned out the dust from the CPU to make sure it's not over-heating, used a few programs and cleaned out the registry, deleted unused files and programs but nothing seems to work, the computer still freezes pretty often. After I formatted the computer, it started freezing less often and the blue screen where Disk Checking occurs stopped appearing whenever I had to restart my computer. Which means it helped a little bit to format the computer, but did not solve my problem. So I'm not sure what exactly is causing this problem. Is it possible that it is a video card problem? Hope someone can help!

System Information:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 510 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 119232 MB, Free - 112560 MB; D: Total - 119232 MB, Free - 87488 MB; E: Total - 119232 MB, Free - 119164 MB; F: Total - 119232 MB, Free - 119164 MB; H: Total - 19067 MB, Free - 5284 MB; I: Total - 19067 MB, Free - 18972 MB; J: Total - 304969 MB, Free - 102776 MB;
Motherboard: Foxconn, P4M800P7MA, , UYIP61507154
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Thank you for your time :)
Nadine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

1) Any errors in device manager?

2) Open task manager to the processes tab and sort on the cpu column. When the system freezes is any one process hogging the cpu?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users