Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire 5100 Vista will not boot up (not in safe mode either)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zinn55

zinn55

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi,

My Acer Aspire 5100 Laptop will not boot up. It will stay in loading screen forever, and when i try and boot up in safe mode, it will stop at \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\AtiPcie.sys and do just stay there. My disk tray currently does not work and i do not have the recovery disk anyways. I have a second computer that i could download proper files to and save to my flash drive and transfer to the broken Acer if needed.

None of the options work when i press f5 or f8 when the first screen loads up. I've seen other threads with the same AtiPcie.sys problem, but i do not know how to delete this file if none of my menus work in the f8 thing (i.e. i do not know how to get to the command prompt to delete it).

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it because i would like to be able to do my school work on the go (i do online schooling).

Thanks,

Zinn55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 imNooB

imNooB

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Easy....

Keeping it simple, you could boot up on start-up repair, but if that doesn't work, pm me.

#3 zinn55

zinn55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

First, what does pm me mean?? I'm kinda new to this.

Second, how do i boot up on start-up repair? I'm not really sure how to get there. Just to be clear, the computer will not get past the loading stage (i.e. where the green bar goes from left to right underneath). If i try and do any safe mode stuff, or any of the f8 commands, including revert to last know configuration, it will load up the drivers and stop at \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\AtiPcie.sys

I'm sure you understood this, but would you be able to give me instructions in a step by step instructions in lamens terms like

1. turn on computer
2. press whatever at this point in time...

I'm not horrible with computers if they can actually get to the main menu, but if it can't boot up and i'm dealing with the computer coding, i am a complete novice.

Thanks,

Zinn55

#4 zinn55

zinn55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

i did not mean f8 commands (i don't know how to get to command prompt stage), i meant the components of what is in the f8 part of the first screen.

#5 zinn55

zinn55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

also, i do not have the vista disk, and my disk tray does not work. I have another computer that i can download stuff on to and transfer via flash drive.

If you have a link i could use to do this or whatever i need would be great.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users