Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bsod after acronis recovery into newly installed hd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 isltrader

isltrader

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

Just installed a new hard drive in my dell dimension 9200 had it running with xp all drivers downloaded. Backed up the old hard drive to a WD element which I then used to recover into the new hard drive...only upon reboot i get blue screen with stop error message
0x0000007B (0xB84C3524,0x0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
any suggestions??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

If the old drive (backed up from) is not identical to new drive (restored to) you may have to use Acronis Universal Restore: Acronis

I took this to mean (HDD) is different:

It is designed to allow a machine to boot its operating system initially after a restoration/deployment of an image to hardware that is different from the one it was taken from, and then proceed with the installation of other drivers and configuration.

Edited by USN Vet, 12 June 2011 - 01:10 PM.

Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

You don't need the same model or make hd. Are you saying it's the same system just a new hd?

#4 imNooB

imNooB

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Possibly a driver issue. Did you try safe mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users