Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inconsistent BSOD's and Freezes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Biggles42

Biggles42

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

I apologize for the rushed post, but I'm growing frantic to put this problem to rest.

The original specs:
Video Card
Motherboard
Power Supply
Hard Drive
RAM
CPU
Case
Extra Fans
(A couple of old disc drives that my friend gave me were included)

The specs now:
Motherboard
Hard Drive (The old hard drive would not operate with the tower at one point, no matter what I did to it i.e. formatting, rewiring, etc. I chose to plug it into an external enclosure and it now works just fine as an external hard drive, oddly. All of the files were still stored in it as well.)
RAM (The supposed original culprit was replaced with this.)
CPU
(The case's front panel was damaged while moving it at one point, so I had to remove it. I chose to cover the exposed wires that had powered the blue light on the panel with electrical tape.)
Extra Disc Drive (I removed one of the disc drives that eventually ceased to function and replaced it with this.)
USB to Ethernet jack (I've had many internet-related issues as well, and this has solved them multiple times. I'm currently using it due to the ethernet jack on the mobo not functioning for some reason or another.)

Two years ago I purchased this computer, and I've damn near replaced everything in it twice. The original problems were inconsistent freezes, which I figured out could have been faulty memory. So I replaced it. Six months later with no problems (which is now,) I'm running into the same problem and more. I now get the same inconsistent freeze ups and BSOD's. The freezes can be just a complete freeze with glitched sounds blaring from my speakers/headphones, or I can get these bizarre graphical glitches (which I have a few pictures of taken from my camera if it means anything). I don't know what to do anymore, and I'm rushing myself to get all the important info in while I can still recall it. If you have any relevant questions, please just ask and I'll try my best to get it answered. Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

BSOD Logs

Edited by Biggles42, 11 June 2011 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users