Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus/ Unable to hear audio for embed files/youtube etc..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vupsgee

vupsgee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hello, I have recently aquired a defragmenting virus on my system 6/5 in which I couldn't access the internet to gain help. I contacted Microsoft and was led through steps and directed to a screen sharing support section so the Rep could access my desktop to remove the virus. When he was almost completed I noticed Microsoft Security 2012 on my system and we were disconnected. Upon trying to call back I was prompted to system restore by another Rep which went through successfully however I noticed some remnants of a virus such as issues with my audio when watching you tube, and any flv embed files and ofcourse the infamous redirect attached to google. With the audio, the speakers are working and I can hear music through the players, I'm just unable to hear the clips but I can view them.

So far I have unistalled internet explorer and reinstalled and installed and unistalled Adobe Flash.
I have WIndows XP Progfessional , 32bit, service pack 3. Internet Explorer 8

I'm not sure how either of the virus's were downloaded onmy system, othere than I did at some point download Iexplorer 8. I was also prompted to System Configuration tray to services tab, hide microsoft svcs and deleted a few things.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by vupsgee, 11 June 2011 - 07:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users