Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Recovery

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 motowntigers

motowntigers

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

This is my first ever post.. My wife computer is saying Critical Error and window can't find hard drive. could someone please help me?

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2011 - 10:55 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

What exactly does the error say?
When exactly does it happen?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 motowntigers

motowntigers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

it happens when we start up the computer and it says hard drive failure and delayed write filed pop up's

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

Once more...

I need to know EXACT message(s).

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 motowntigers

motowntigers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

ok one of the pop up says" the system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE/SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the system". another one says "Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk" another one says "Ram memory usage is critically high.Ram memory failure". and another says "hard drive critical error.Run a system diagnostic utility to check your hard drive."

I hope that helps those are the messages i keep getting and also when Windows 7 restore under that it said 11 errors detected!

#6 motowntigers

motowntigers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

another one says Critical Hard Disk Error

Windows 7 Restore detected a bad sector on your hard disk drive. This error may cause the following problems:

-Data corruption and loss
-Hard drive inaccessibility
-System errors and failures

#7 motowntigers

motowntigers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

and it happens when we we start up the computer and stays there the whole time

#8 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Could be this, IMO:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-7-recovery

What this infection does: Windows 7 Recovery is a fake computer analysis and optimization program that displays fake information in order to scare you into believing that there is an issue with your computer. Windows 7 Recovery is installed via Trojans that display false error messages and security warnings on the infected computer. These messages will state that there is something wrong with your computer's hard drive and then suggests that you download and install a program that can fix the problem. When you click on of these alerts, Windows 7 Recovery will automatically be downloaded and installed onto your computer.

Once installed, Windows 7 Recovery will be configured to start automatically when you login to Windows. Once started, it will display numerous error messages when you attempt to launch programs or delete files. Windows 7 Recovery will then prompt you to scan your computer, which will then find a variety of errors that it states it cannot fix until you purchase the program. When you use the so-called defragment tool it will state that it needs to run in Safe Mode and then show a fake Safe Mode background that pretends to defrag your computer. As this program is a scam do not be scared into purchasing the program when you see its alerts

Edited by Union_Thug, 12 June 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#9 motowntigers

motowntigers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

yeah that is what it is thank you very much

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Does the system currently boot into Windows properly?

If so...have you tried running the chkdsk /r command?

http://www.hard-drive-help.com/chkdsk.html , follow the proceure under Starting Check Disk and check both boxes/options.

Louis

Prior to doing the above...please remove and then reconnect both connections to the hard drive.

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2011 - 09:09 AM.

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Could be this, IMO:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-7-recovery

Most likely, it is.

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users