Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Xps 430 Purchased a new video card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 awowegi

awowegi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

hey guys new here just purchased a new video card the geforce gtx 550ti for my computer the dell xps 430

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
and it had some ati graphics card in it and i thought it was time to upgrade it.

So the problem im having is when i installed the video card it was working for about an hour or so then the monitors just went into to standby mode like my computer just shut off im thinking the problem is with my PSU but i am not sure, any of you guys can help me with this problem

(posting again had accidentally posted in external hardware)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

Considering you have an oem computer your psu is probably not good enough. Did you put the extra pci-e connector 6 pin in?

#3 awowegi

awowegi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

yes i did i went out and got a new psu and it still doesn't work

#4 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

Did you uninstall the drivers form your previous cards ?? If you had onboard than you would have to enable the video card manually from the bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users