Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with lach of internet connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nazko

nazko

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hello everyone :)

I have a problem with my father's computer for the last 2 days. In our house we have 2 laptops and both were working perfecty. Our internet connection is through cable with a router that is not wire-less (I'm sorry of I don't express myself very well). There is a cable from the router to the laptop. Our provider has not done any type of specific configuration on any of the laptops. The computer that is experiencing problems is Toshiba, the OS is Windows 7. When I put the cable in the port there is no connection and when I right-click on the internet connection icon and then click on Troubleshoot problems, once the troubleshooting is completed I get the following message:

" Problems found: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding"

I know that the problem is not in the cable, the router or in my internet provider because when I put the cable in the other laptop I have connection and everything works ok as before. I have not done any change in the configuration of the connection or anything like this.

I bet it is something very simple, but as I'm not very good with computers, I don't know what to do. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? :)

Atanas :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users