Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OS frequently freezes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lonewander

lonewander

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

I've successfully completed a post on TBC regarding malware/viruses a few weeks ago regarding this problem. Once we'd completed the steps, we could find no cause for my frequent feezes. The problem is, once my computer starts to work on a scan/update(anything requiring a large usage of RAM) the system will lock and requires a restart (no blue screen). Since this problem continued after completing the suggested process from one of your agents, I decided to do upgrade to Windows 7 home premium, thinking that this would ultimately correct the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. The lock ups are still occurring and are almost more frequent than before. I'm not sure what could be the problem since I have plenty of ROM/RAM available. Any and assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#3 lonewander

lonewander
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Thank you for your responsed, seems the link is not working. Any other download options?

#4 lonewander

lonewander
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Ok, found another way to get bluescreenview.exe. Downloaded and ran program but no report was generated. Even used it on another computer and scan proceeded as soon as program was opened so I guess there was nothing to scan. This is a "fresh install" of windows 7 home premium with 0 programs added.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

I've successfully completed a post on TBC regarding malware/viruses a few weeks ago regarding this problem. Once we'd completed the steps, we could find no cause for my frequent feezes. The problem is, once my computer starts to work on a scan/update(anything requiring a large usage of RAM) the system will lock and requires a restart (no blue screen). Since this problem continued after completing the suggested process from one of your agents, I decided to do upgrade to Windows 7 home premium, thinking that this would ultimately correct the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. The lock ups are still occurring and are almost more frequent than before. I'm not sure what could be the problem since I have plenty of ROM/RAM available. Any and assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you advance.

your definition of plenty of ram may be different than win7's definition ,in actual #'s how much ram do you have

Edited by caperjac, 12 June 2011 - 01:32 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 lonewander

lonewander
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

I currently have 4 gig's running but this problem has persisted prior to the installation of Wind 7. I've wondered if it was a cooling error but I've since moved the computer to a better spot for better ventilation. I'm currently trying to update Win & in between stalls but I'm having difficulty doing that as well. I've followed the recommendations of MS for updating the OS but I'm still having difficulties.

#7 lonewander

lonewander
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

Ok, after some manuvering, here's the BSOD report..

==================================================
Dump File : 061211-28984-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/12/2011 1:02:40 PM
Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug Check Code : 0x00000019
Parameter 1 : 0x00000003
Parameter 2 : 0xcf98dac8
Parameter 3 : 0x3fcc5243
Parameter 4 : 0x0a3e2265
Caused By Driver : ntkrnlpa.exe
Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+120996
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+120996
Stack Address 1 : ntkrnlpa.exe+11f8aa
Stack Address 2 : ntkrnlpa.exe+247502
Stack Address 3 : ntkrnlpa.exe+23e9a4
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\061211-28984-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
Dump File Size : 144,360
==================================================

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Per www.aumha.org website:

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the msot common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. (By theory, RAM problems would be suspect for memory pool issues, but I haven’t been able to confirm this as a cause.)

One BSOD message isn't enough to normally draw valid conclusions.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users