Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirecting virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pokeee

Pokeee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

okay so yesterday i got infected with a virus called windows restore. I basically got rid of that quickly by restoring my computer then turning off the restore feature and removing infections with avg. But there was one infection
(that probably came from the system restore virus) that i tried removing that just keeps coming back it shows up as trojan JS/XULcache.a and its in my google chrome default folder and nomatter how many times i delete the folder or have avg delete it always comes back as soon as i open google chrome. By the way the virus im talking about right now is the google redirect virus, when i click on a google results (or even a yahoo search results) it directs me to some random website and also sometimes downloads sometimes downloads a file named 'search' which i immediatly delete. By the way i also get redirected when i use enternet explorer browser. All of the leads me to beleave its not only the JS/XULcache.a that is causing this redirecting problem. but something else...
please help me get rid of this!

Edited by hamluis, 11 June 2011 - 10:38 AM.
No logs, moved from MRL to AII.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users