Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Yahoo email account is spamming my contacts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 J.R. Sanford

J.R. Sanford

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

G** DAM** it's happening again. My FU***** Yahoo email account is spamming my contacts AGAIN. I have run Combofix, SpyBot, AVG, HiJackThis, and Housecall to no avail. Incedentally, I cannot get all the lingering files and registry entries that AVG has been so kind as to leave behind. Now Combofix says it's still installed when in fact I use Revo uninstaller to remove it.

So, what I have done is delete all of my contacts from my contacts list. I guess if anyone wants to email ME they can.

Does ANYONE have any Idea on what I can do to get rid of whatever it is that keeps doing that? Also, can you advise me how to finally get rid of AVG off my computer?

J.R.

Cast aside your limitations;
And you shall be boundless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

Morning J.R., sorry you're having so many ongoing issues with Yahoo. I'm not a fan myself, although my wife likes it.

Quick question: which version of AVG are you using? 9.0? 2011?

If it is 2011, there seems to be some handy tools out there to completely remove the program. I had some issues removing it from my Mother-in-law's computer when I was moving her to Avira (which we love) but I finally got rid of that pesky program.

As for the other issues, well, I'm going to have to leave it to the pros here, although to help things along, I think you should post some general info about your hardware - what you're machine is, what the O/S is, etc. More info is always better.

Good luck.

And remember, it may take a little time, but the good folks here will get you out of those weeds soon.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

I think,the first thing is to change your email password.

Try running AppRemover
Using AppRemover

Remove ComBoFix
Please download OTCleanIt and save it to desktop.
•Double-click OTCleanIt.exe.
•Click the CleanUp! button.
•Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
•If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
•The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Stor-A11

Stor-A11

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

I would consider using a second computer to change not only your yahoo password, but also the answers to your secret/security questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users