Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer slow, constantly crashing.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 upallnite86

upallnite86

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

So pretty much, I downloaded a file(movie to be exact). My Norton didn't catch anything. But after watching the movie, trying to use my computer for something else I noticed it was running a lot slower then usual. I was in a game that was full windowed so when I alt-tabbed to see if anything was going on in the background, my computer froze. No blue screen, it just froze. Alt+Ctrl+Del wouldn't work, nothing would. After restarting my computer it started up again, but again was real slow and after maybe 5 minutes it froze up like this again. So again I restarted it, this time it went into a startup repair that took several minutes. After it was finished it said it could not repair/complete, several corrupted and unreadable files on the hard drive. So I started up Windows again, and same thing. Slow use followed by the crash. So I restarted again, this time a message came up saying something like Sata 5-6 S.M.A.R.T. Disk Status: BAD(Or something similar to that). I told my friend who knows about computers, he told me my hard drive was bad, backup my files and get a new one. So I got a new hard drive(Old Hard Drive was a 1TB 7200RPM, SATA-II with 16MB Cache,New one is exact same except a 32mb Cache), backed up my files and installed it, and restored my files. That was yesterday, but after doing so I wasn't really able to use my computer until now. Again, when I started using it it got slow again then it crashed. Even though I replaced the hard drive. I ran Norton Anti-Virus back on the old hard drive and it didn't catch anything major, just some cookies. I notice if I do anything light on my computer(Web browsing, music) nothing happens and I don't crash. But when I try to play games or open multiple programs, it slows down and it leads to the crash. I've ran malwarebytes and it found nothing. I've had this computer for about 7 months and have had no big problems like this until recently. Not sure exactly what is going on here, any help would be appreciated. Oh and I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users