Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep Mode Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cpinski

Cpinski

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

Hello,
I'm having a pretty annoying issue with sleep mode. I'm a decently savvy computer user to i might have changed a setting or two in my bios but i don't think its the issue. But anywho, My problem is that when i select sleep mode, everything powers down and then when my pc itself powers down, it just powers up without a hitch and returns me too my desktop. I dont really like shutting down my pc i use it a bit and the answer to this problem eludes me. I tried to change the "Allow wake timer" setting in power management to disable and in my bios, the ACPI suspend type is S3&S1 which is what it was when i installed windows. And too make it worse all the hardware im using is the same when on a previous installation of windows, sleep mode worked fine. I cant think of what it is and a handy google search didn't help me either.
I'm using a program that came with my mobo called asus ai suite. its a auto cpu overclock sort of program, and it has a "ai nap" program in it that basically puts the cpu in a sleep mode of its own but doesn't power down the rest of the pc. I don't think its the conflict (it didn't stop anything before.)
Ive had good luck with the fine fellow geeks here on bleeping computer and was hoping one of you could help
Thanks,
Corey

I've attached a sysinfo file from nvidia's control panel, i do it more-so out of randomness, but if you don't need it, ignore it, its just hardware info...Attached File  sysinfo.log   83.27KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Neither Sleep nor Hibernate were ever truly perfected by Microsoft. While either or both functions work flawlessly for many people, the either don't work at all or cause problems on some systems. Instead of sleep I always recommend just changing the power options so your hd and display will power down after a defined period of inactivity. Both you and your computer will be happier afterwards :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users