Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor:Win32/Cycbot.B

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Celine Ruth

Celine Ruth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

Hi, today I discovered the Cycbot.B on my windows defender (even though I have useless mcafee that did not tell me about anything). I went on this website immediately after that and found an old form with someone having the same problem I have. I downloaded Malware bytes and ran a full scan for 2 hours and it came up with a bunch of things including a couple of Cycbot.B's. I downloaded Dr. Webcure to my desktop, ran it in safe mode and nothing happened.. it said it finished scanning but didn't give me the option to do a complete scan. Then when I restarted my computer after doing all that, I'm now unable to access the internet through my administrator (my account). I tried rebooting the modem, everything. THEN I went on user accounts and such and found a user account I did not create called asp.net and it was password protected. I deleted it immediately, created a guest account and that is how I'm accessing the internet now.

I'm so worried because I have personal files that include driver license numbers, social security numbers, pictures and more on this computer.. should I be on this website, or consult with a local computer fix place?

Thank you so much,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users