Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Entering password restarts computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wantmelon

wantmelon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

When I start up the computer it goes to the password screen and then restarts after I enter my password or after about 6 seconds and restarts and goes into the screen where I can choose safe mode, networking, command prompt or normally. I choose normally and then I enter my password again and then the same thing happens again. How do i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Disabled5

Disabled5

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

The problem your having is not related to entering in your password.
Windows is restarting the computer because the OS is crashing and automatically restarting.
What you have to do is disable that options so you can see the error and Google it on another PC to find a solution for it.

Turn on your PC and start hitting the F8 key until you see Advanced Boot Options at the top of the screen.
Use the arrow keys to select the option that says "Disable automatic restart on system failure".
The computer will continue to boot up but now will not automatically restart when a critical system error occurs.
Your going to see something like this:
Posted Image
You need to right the 2 lines I circled and search it to see what the problem might be.

#4 wantmelon

wantmelon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

Sorry I made this topic because I wanted help faster, but my original topic had someone reply already, so do I still need this topic open or closed?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

We don't normally close topics...congrats on your resolution.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users