Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Observation On Ufo's

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

Ufo's. Your mad if you believe they exist, right?

I have certainly never seen one with my own eyes. I have certainly seen pictures and videos, in particular the amazing multiple sightings over mexico City a few years ago. Seen lots of video footage of those.

But here is the main thrust of my topic:

There have been millions of alleged sightings by all sorts of people all over the world. There are thousands of alleged photos and videos. In order for UFO's NOT to exist every single one of these sightings, photos and videos MUST be false. Every one!!

In order for UFO's to actually be real, only ONE sighting, photo or video needs to be genuine. Just one!

I know which of these two possibilities I would be betting on.

Beam me up Scotty

Constantine
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 AL...

AL...

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:41 PM

UFO. Unidentified Flying Object: Something moving in the air that is not recognised, be it an interplanetary spacecraft or off center budgie. The vast majority of these sightings are aircraft, be it mistaken identity or the ones we arn't ment to know about. Most of the "I've got video evidence" is total and utter BS. There's only a handfull that are of any real intrest.

Now as to the "are we alone?" Question. I would doubt that we are. To much space for it to be empty except for us.
Your interests (Check Length), Your location (Check Length). What if I dont need to check my length?
Religion has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of "the devil" by the very fact that it makes you question a belief.
Don't eat yellow snow.

#3 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

hey Al.....

I was interested inyour reply. In particular the comment that the video evidence is complete and utter BS.

I imagine that much of it is, but certainly not all.

I direct your attention to the mexico City sighting of the early to mid 1990's. These began during the day when millions of Mexicans were out door waiting for an eclipse. They were therefore well armed with video cameras and alllooking up.

The sighting which followed over the next 2 weeks all over mexico were the subject of a Mexico 60 Minutes program. The video evidence comes from dozens of sources. Mexican airforce jets chased these things allover the sky. They were detected by radar. And all this happened over an extended period of time and under the eye of millions of witnesses.

Have you seen them?

If not, your statement in your reply is illinformed. Perhaps you might care to actually pursue not only those perspectives which deny the existance of alien craft on earth, but also those perspectives which seem to have evidence in abundance. Look at the sheer volume of evidence.

I repeat my earlier point, if only one scrap of this evidence is what it seems to be then case closed.

Constantine

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:12 AM

:thumbsup: Dammit! I always look so terrible in Earthling photographs.

Posted Image

Edited by Rimmer, 08 January 2006 - 01:14 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 AL...

AL...

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:28 AM

Rimmer That's because you reflect light. Being dead for 3 million years and running around as a Hologram will do that.

Constantine You really need to read what I've written

In particular the comment that the video evidence is complete and utter BS.

Didnt say that.

I imagine that much of it is, but certainly not all.

Did say that (kind of).

Have you seen them?

Yes. Also lots of fakes since. Balls of light that reflect rader does not = Alien life. The most intresting point from it all was the blank all news agencies gave it.

Look at the sheer volume of evidence.

The sea has volume yet you can drown in a bath.

I discount nothing. :thumbsup:
Your interests (Check Length), Your location (Check Length). What if I dont need to check my length?
Religion has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of "the devil" by the very fact that it makes you question a belief.
Don't eat yellow snow.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:26 AM

One may "believe" all sorts of odd notions. However, until at least one sighting passes the rigours of scientific testing and peer review, no one can correctly say UFO's exist "for a fact."
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:51 AM

I agree with John. Also to go with the mexico theory, many people might have seen them but I am sure some of them wanted to get on TV and be all popular with the news by saying they saw UFO's when they really didn't.

#8 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

One may "believe" all sorts of odd notions. However, until at least one sighting passes the rigours of scientific testing and peer review, no one can correctly say UFO's exist "for a fact."
Regards,
John

Conversely, one cannot prove a negative. So it is imposible to prove they do NOT exist.

I saw *something* about 40 years ago that would pass as a UFO. Personally, I believe - but that is more because I want to believe than any hard facts in the matter.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#9 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

Guys,
Concerning the Mexico sightings the evidence I refer too is dozens of videos of the ufo taken by dozens of unrelated people in various parts of the city and the country.

I refer also to Mexican airforce jets chasing these things allover the sky,watched my god knows how many people.

You all talk about a lack of evidence but you refuse to even consider the evidence presented to you. Some of your responses indicate a belief that alien life must exist..but just that they are not here. millions of people over the years are telling you they are here. But you choose, and I use the word choose deliberately, not to believe.

Then we have the evidence recorded by Nasa cameras on the space shuttles.

When the shuttles first went up nasa broadcast live feed from the cameras 24 hours a day. The cameras could see the cargo bay doors and space and often the earth in the background. Some clever fellow was recording all the footage. He then noticed something odd in the background (in space) and went back and reviewed the footage. He found many instances of interesting things happening in the background. I have seen one particular incident and it is quite amazing.

The point is, what did Nasa do? They stopped broadcasting an unedited live feed. I wonder why.

Finally, we convict people of murder on flimsier evidence and less eye witnesses than we have for the existence of UFO's.

Why do so many people find it so hard to accept that they exist and they have been here?

Constantine

#10 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

:thumbsup: That's right! We come here often. Travelling the billions of kilometres from our civilizations to visit Earth. We might buzz a few fighter planes, maybe appear over a city once or twice or make annoyingly hard to explain trails on your radar screens. Some of our more adventurous kin even dress up, with antenna on their heads, and land in remote locations where they can find some isolated Earthlings who no-one will ever believe and they walk around in front of them making bleep-bleep noises. Then we disappear. Ha-Ha!

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#11 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:12 PM

Then we have the evidence recorded by Nasa cameras on the space shuttles.

When the shuttles first went up nasa broadcast live feed from the cameras 24 hours a day. The cameras could see the cargo bay doors and space and often the earth in the background. Some clever fellow was recording all the footage. He then noticed something odd in the background (in space) and went back and reviewed the footage. He found many instances of interesting things happening in the background. I have seen one particular incident and it is quite amazing.

The point is, what did Nasa do? They stopped broadcasting an unedited live feed. I wonder why.

Constantine

Constantine
This is a serious question. How would one view said footage? Probably not possible huh?
I would like to see it myself. Even if just to satisfy my own curiosity.
How/when/where did you see the footage?
Posted Image

#12 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

Hey Scarlet,

I saw the footage af the Nasa tapes on TV a couple of years ago. I dont recall the show. You could probably google and find more info.

But in brief, here is what it showed:

It was one of those crystal clear images you often see of space. The open cargobay doors in the foreground, space in the background with the arc of the earth looming large there as well. You could the atmosphere of the earth. Then a bright object zooms out of the atmosphere and towards the shuttle at incredible speed. It stops for a while, then darts about a bit and stops dead again.

A few moments later what looked like a laser beam that you might see in sci fi movies lanced up from the earth to just where theobject was. In that same instant the object accelerated away at incredicle speed.

The commentary stated that the object was tracked by radar and the accelaration was measured at some ridiculous figure which I dont remember. The commentary also stated that when the beam of light was back tracked by computer the origin appeared to be in the vicinity of Pine Gap, the top secret US military installation in the outback of Australia.

The footage re: the Mexico sightings was mostly brought together by Mexico 60 Minutes. I saw a lot of it in a documentary about those particular sightings.

There are many other examples of very compelling evidence relating to UFO's. Much can be explained away, much is fraudulent, however some really makes you think; what if?

I thank you for your open minded approach to this issue. It is refreshing to find someone actually interested to look at the evidence for themselves.

Constantine

#13 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

Scarlett,

Here is a site I found that gives details and footage of some Nasa incidents. I havent seen the particular one I mentioned and the quality is not anything like the images I saw on tv but it is a place to start.

http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/videoclips/

Constantine

#14 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

Constantine, yes there *is* some compelling evidence. But the point I think is that there is no definitive evidence.

I have seen the NASA footage of which you speak. It is far from the smoking bullet. What it most likely was was debris from the shuttle itself being justled about by the reaction control rockets.

I've also seen the Mexico footage. While some of may seem credible, so much of it is obviously faked that it brings it all into doubt.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#15 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

Darwins theory of evolution and Ensteins theory of relativity also have some compelling evidence but no definitive evidence.

Most people accept those theories as almost certainly true.

The diference is officially UFO's dont exist. so, most people travel with the herd. It must be nonsense because most people, (who in most cases dont know anything about it) say its nonsense.

A closed circle of logic it seems to me.

We were indeed fortunate that our history if littered with people who did not accept the widely held truths of their time; Gallileo, Columbus, Da Vinci, Newton, Darwin, etc etc..these people redefined what was accepted to be true and thereby changed the world.

If I wanted to know if there was such a thing as a giraffe in the world I would ask people if anyone has seen one? Now if 1 percent of the people told me they had seen one and described it and if their stories matched, I would figure "Wow. There are giraffes in the world.

99% of the people would be telling me "Nope. Never seen one. No such thing."
Would that mean there are no giraffes cause most people haven't seen one? Plenty of people have seen one. They are credible witnesses. If I was a betting man in those circumstances, I would bet on the giraffe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users