Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do any ISP's still offer U.S.-based phone support?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

Hi, everyone. This may be an unusual question, but many have thought about it, I'm sure.

I am not a prejudiced person, but the amount of time wasted when talking to the Phillipines or India from my current Internet Service Provider just drives me up the wall.

Does anyone know of an internet service provider company that still offers U.S.-based tech support? I honestly think I'd be willing to pay the extra. Certainly it can't ALL have gone overseas. Any ideas?

Thank You, EducatedGuess.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

They do at Optimum cable, if your in their area
http://www.optimum.com/online/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Boopme, thanks, I will check them out.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Roadrunner in Maine has US support. My friend lives there and she talks to Roadrunner all the time.

Edited by Romeo29, 10 June 2011 - 11:39 PM.

#5 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

Romeo, thanks, I will check them out in California.

#6 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

Most ISPs have their "business" customers on US based support/billing. If it's really worth it to you, you may consider upgrading to their business plan for $10-15 more per month.

#7 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

NpaMA, thanks for responding. I'm really shopping price on ISP's, so this solution probably won't work for me, but I do thank you for responding, and I will at least check it out.

#8 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

Knowing what part of the country you are in may help for determining ISP availability in your area.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#9 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

EyeSee, ooops, sorry, yeah. I'm in Los Angeles. I am trying to avoid doing business with Verizon again. Right now I am trying a small local company named DLS Extreme, but I am having trouble with them and may or may not stay with them. For some reason, I get get online directly with them, but then my wireless router won't work for some reason. I have spent hours on the phone with the router company (NetGear) without fixing the problem, and even bought a second quality router from Cisco, same problem. Thanks! EducatedGuess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users