Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell v313 AIO printer; scanner & copier malfunctioning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

My Dell v313 AIO printer's scanning & copying functions no longer work properly. (Printer is just over 1 year old now). When I attempt to scan in a document as a .pdf file or try to make a copy of any document, the unit causes the scanned document and any copy printed out, to come out with a gray-colored shading over the entire document. Any text in the document is barely visible underneath the shading. (When looking at the .pdf file containing the scanned-in document, it displays on the screen with the same gray-colored shading).

I have no problem in printing out any of my documents on the hard or flash drives, or pages from the Internet. I have already checked Dell's website for driver updates, but Dell states they no longer provide updates or support for this model printer. (This printer is NOT the wireless v313 model).

I have performed the print head cleaning & deep cleaning routine; removed & replaced the ink cartridges with brand new ones...all to no avail.

System specs: Dell Dimension 3000 mid tower, running Windows XP PRO SP3, Intel Pentium 4, 3.00 gHz CPU, 40 GB hard drive (80% free space).

Thank you for your time and review of my inquiry.

Edited by spc3rd, 10 June 2011 - 02:47 PM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

Hi,

Does this happen on a regular standalone copy?
Isolate your all-in-one from your computer.
Clean the scanner/copier flatbed is clean, wipe it with a clean dry cloth.
If the issue persist, it might be a hardware related problem and not a software/driver.

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

#3 spc3rd

spc3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

I appreciate the info, Booterbotter. The printer is connected to only my computer (not a network of computers), and I tried cleaning the glass flatbed. It appears this IS...as you said...a hardwre problem. Guess I'd better start looking around for a new AIO printer. Thanks again!

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#4 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

You can choose from Brother, HP, Epson or Canon. In my opnion, Dell AIO's are good but the 4 I mentioned are better, but its still your decision which product you would get. Don't rely on ratings from certain websites, much better to rely on some friends, coworkers or personal experience. :)

#5 spc3rd

spc3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

Thanks very much for the additional info, Booterbotter! I think you're right about choosing another brand of printer as a replacement. It strikes me as more than coincidental that just over a year ago I purchased this printer, and here it is just over a year later... and Dell no longer provides support/driver updates or even sells this particular printer! I suspect Dell probably received massive numbers of complaints about this printer and decided to just dump it altogether!

spc3rd

#6 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:49 AM

Your welcome. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users