Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What browser do you use.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: What browser do you use. (28 member(s) have cast votes)

What browser do you use

1. IE (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Firefox (15 votes [53.57%])

Percentage of vote: 53.57%

3. Chrome (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. Opera (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

5. Safari (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. other?? (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

I use firefox. I have tried to move over to chrome ,but the addons and the familiarity kept me staying with firefox as chrome never felt right to move to.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

I use Chrome, it is faster and leaner.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

I use Firefox. I use to use IE, then I tried Chrome, didn't like Chrome. Had trouble getting it off my puter too. I downloaded the latest Firefox, it looks just like IE, didn't like it, so I went back to the older version... :blink:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 mrfingerz

mrfingerz

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Pale Moon on Windows(Firefox optimised), Chromium on Linux.
It's nice to be important, it's much more important to be nice.

#5 jodav

jodav

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

I am using Firefox and have been for around 3 or4 months now. Previous to that I tried Chrome for around 3 or 4 months. Previous to that was always Internet Explorer. I happy with both Chrome and Firefox over IE if I am honest, but may check out IE9 as apparently it gives the most space to the webpage although I have seen some poor reviews. Nothing better than checking out for ourselves though.

#6 dcJeff

dcJeff

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

I use IE8 for the bulk of my internet, but I do occasionally use FireFox. I am pretty excited to check out IE9 though.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

I've used Firefox for several years now and am firmly entrenched there. I tried out Chrome a long time ago, but wasn't all that impressed.

#8 southarea

southarea

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

I am using Firefox as my default browser for years, because it has some features which i think are quite useful for a safe browsing, and also some tools are quite useful for the surfing.

#9 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

Those option buttons for the vote is the wrong way to go. I use IE 8, 9, and Firefox 4, all about equally.

Some features of Internet Explorer are easier to use than the comparable ones in Firefox; but really, I like both. For file downloading and for Favorite Places (called "Bookmarks" in Firefox), I really am more comfortable with Internet Explorer - both versions 8 and 9.

My attempt at downloading Chrome several weeks ago did not work, so I could not try Chrome.

I wish I could give my votes, but I cannot if I must use the option buttons to choose only one browser. I must be allowed to vote for BOTH IE and Firefox.

#10 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

I use Firefox and Chrome nearly equally. I use Firefox a little more because it has a few more features I use, but when I need to do some quick research and I don't feel like waiting on tabs to open, I use Chrome.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#11 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,618 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

I started with IE8. It was OK. then I started on Firefox. Nice features, but I dumped it for Chrome, which is now my primary browser. I won't use Firefox again because it is a ram hog.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#12 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Opera.
On and off I try Firefox and SeaMonkey and still find them more difficult and confusing to use than Opera's site settings.

IE only when I chose to run Microsoft updates.

#13 DavidAEvans13

DavidAEvans13

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

Chrome is my favorite.

#14 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

Aurora (firefox alpha track) and chrome on mac, chrome and firefox(normal) on windows. But I also have almost every major browser installed on my windows machine. :)

Edited by computerxpds, 27 June 2011 - 07:48 AM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#15 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

I use all the above for various reasons except K-Meleon in lieu of Safari. Opera being my default and 'go to' browser.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users