Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

amd vs nvidia low/mid

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

I am pretty sure amd has the definitive lead. Even at the high end amd is quite competitive. So I was wondering what to expect in q3 or q4 of this year in graphics cards. Will be seeing anything new from either company's for purely gpu's on the low/mid scale.

Edited by hamluis, 10 June 2011 - 06:08 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

I am pretty sure amd has the definitive lead.

You are correct sir. Once you get high end, I can argue that.

No telling what is in store, or when it/they will hit the market. I have no faith in TSMC so any concrete dates on product releases are pointless. If history is any teacher, AMD will likely be first with the new process, maybe with a mid/low end "pipecleaner" GPU that can be sold as a "salvage" product (big GPU chip, with bad sections fused out). NVidia seems to be a stubborn hardheaded bunch so no telling which route they will take. I don't know if they learned anything from their 4XX series debacle.

Said it 6 months ago, will say it again. I doubt there will be any quantity of next gen product on the shelf before Q1 2012. I'll stick by that no matter what the press releases from TSMC and AMD say.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users