Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Removal help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tecjdm

tecjdm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Greetings. I am experiencing issues with my system and would like to post my system info for additional support.

INITIAL SYMPTOMS: while surfing the internet, Windows detected a malicious file (notified via pop-up in taskbar), followed by an immediate system reboot. Windows would no longer boot. Upon further investigation, my boot drive priorities in the BIOs were altered. Once I returned to original boot order, system would still not boot into windows. I then ran MBR fix and was able to boot into windows successfully. No files are missing, but internet connection is much slower. Kasperski (installed prior to initial system errors) will no longer complete a full scan. Hangs at 60%. Additionally, Windows no longer recognizes it's existence as protection or firewall coverage. Also, windows takes about 5-10 minutes to shutdown. Used to take about 1 minute MAX. Uninstalled, and re-installed Kaspersky ... same issue (reset WMI to see if WIN7 would recognize Kaspersky, no luck. Called NortonLive support and they were able to install Norton 360 and insist that there are no longer any viruses or malware. Upon checking windows error logs, I am receiving numerous errors that I never logged before incident. Windows reports an io error with DRIVE 4. physically removed drive. no luck. Same error. I also noticed that Windows reports different SATA port connections vs. BIOS. Example ... in BIOs C:\OS is SATA CHANNEL 0. In WINDOWS under properties, its listed as SATA CHANNEL 2.

Would someone be kind enough to direct me to a file data logger, so I can scan and post System info for additional guidance. Thanks!

Winows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Evga 760 Classified Mobo
Intel i7 920 processor
12gb DDR3 RAM
2 GTX285 video cards
2 intel 160gb SSD
3 1 TB seagate barracuda Hdds

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users