Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's going on?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MistyOcean

MistyOcean

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

So lately my computer has been randomly freezing up..why? I dont know. Ive scanned my computer with my antivirus 3 times and it has found nothing. (I have AVG)
Could this be a sign of a virus? It froze 4 times while i was trying to edit this. Im going to try to do a system restore. I have three accounts on my computer,(windows 7) and when i turned the computer on, it wouldnt load, as the mouse, even though it was moving and i was clicking 78 times, couldnt do anything. When it freezes i have to access my start menu by hitting the windows button on my keybord and using the arrows to go to the log off button. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Edited by MistyOcean, 10 June 2011 - 11:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MistyOcean

MistyOcean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

its official, i have a virus. I cant get past my account page now. System restore didnt seem to work:(
Its completely frozen now, it wont shut off unless i hold the power button for 10 secs. Anything i can do to get the virus off?

After i have run the system restore, it is still frozen at the account page. Im using another computer, that surprisingly is infected yet,(it has no antivirus protection)
I have a neighbor that lives down the street that is a computer wiz, but, my back-up disks are no where to be found...
Will i have to restore my computer to how it was at manufacturing in order to get this virus off? i hope not..

P.S i got this error when i was running restore..

Details:
An unspecifed error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)

I would also like to add that..my mouse (changed to both wired, and wireless) are acting bazzare. I managed to get the virus off myself but when hp was asking for the country and language i speak, the mouse would scroll uncontollably, untill it reached the bottom. i just let the bottom choices stay the same but now internet explore is in some african language. I can scroll stress-free on the web and anything on the home menu but there are certain applications that it just...AH. lol

Edited by MistyOcean, 10 June 2011 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users