Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page not supported by your version of browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zeigar20

Zeigar20

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

I hear there is a new virus going around now..and I just so happened to catch it. It first showed up when I hard restarted my router today. Luckily the network is small with about 3 computers on it normally. I believe the only wired desktop to be the infected one. (The other two being two laptops with wireless connection) I ran a virus scan but it didn't pick up anything. Then I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and it caught a few infected files and I deleted those(I will post the logs if needed). I thought it was fixed but when it restarted nothing changed. On a whim I ran a scan with TDSSkiller and it picked up something to do with a C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys which was locked and I decided I didn't know what else to do so I didn't touch it.

I ran a scan on my laptop with both programs and it has picked up nothing. A few minutes ago I turned off the infected computer but I still cannot browse the internet. I've been cheating by manually setting my DNS servers but I'd rather see this problem resolved before it gets worse.

On a side note: the wired desktop is able to browse the internet. It has never been affected by the "Page not supported by your version of browser" screen. Only the wireless laptops are having issues.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zeigar20

Zeigar20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

I forgot to add that the "Page not supported by your version of browser" is what I see whenever I try to load a webpage. This is browser independent. I wasn't sure if that was self explanatory or not. Also, I found that someone had downloaded a file that was infected with a Win32 Kryptik.OTW trojan I'm not sure if that had anything to do with this.

#3 Zeigar20

Zeigar20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

It's gotten worse. When I turned on the computer this morning it can't pass the starting up screen. It gives me a blue screen that says something about changes to hardware and scanning for viruses.

#4 wenFD

wenFD

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

hii im sorryy im not here with any solution but i am also experiencing the same problem and i was wondering have you been able to fix it yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users