Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Sending SPAM & Other Mysteries

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 2Bizzy2Breathe

2Bizzy2Breathe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hello. By following a couple of your threads in the past, I was able to remedy a problem that I had. I sincerely hope you all can help me with this one.

Running Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8.

Symptoms:
Only booting in Safe Mode
Will not download Microsoft Updates
Apparently sending SPAM from my Comcast webmail (shows in the Sent file), but not from Outlook
Various error messages such as: "Windows cannot open Help and Support because a service is not running. To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support'.

I use cable modem and have a router. My desktop runs wirelessly. I have Malwarebytes, Avira, SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition, Rkill, Ccleaner, Wise Registry cleaner, and Advanced System Care. Most of these I downloaded thru CNN based on other help messages I've read. Something isn't working, or, (probably more accurately) OPERATOR ERROR is occurring so I hope that I can gain some assistance through your group?

Please let me know what other information you may need?

Kind Regards,

Gwen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users