Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't burn CDs with Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ricciolo

ricciolo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hi, all,

Up to a few months ago, I was able to burn CDs using Windows Media Player, but when I try now, it doesn't work. The mp3 files get written onto the CD, i.e., Windows Media Player makes it all the way through the CD-burning process, but whenever I try to play the CD in my car or (re)play it on my laptop, I don't get anything. Is there something wrong with my burner? drivers? Windows Media Player? Do you have any suggestions for (i) how to pinpoint the issue and then (ii) how to fix it?

If you need any additional info, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

When you say they won't re-play in your laptop, is this the same computer that burned them, or a different computer?

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

Try this freebie: http://cdburnerxp.se/

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 ricciolo

ricciolo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

@Capn Easy, the CD won't play on either.

@Broni, thanks for the freebie! I'm also interested in checking out what the problem w/ WMP is and how to fix it.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Does CDBurnerXP work for you?
As for WMP, I don't know. I don't use it at all.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

You are burning in music file format...as opposed to data file format? Mp3s can be burned either way, but more can go on a disk if you use the data file format.

A laptop should be able to play either, while your auto player may not (depends on the plaer used). Older players may have trouble reading burned CDs.

Have you ever burned CDs which played in your auto or on your laptop?

Lastly...are the files burned on CD or on DVD? DVD players can read either...CD players can only read CDs.

Louis

#7 ricciolo

ricciolo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

@hamluis,

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm burning .mp3 files to CDs. I used to burn CDs on my laptop, and I was able to play them on the laptop and CD players. Now when I try to burn CDs (on WMP), the burn process goes through all the way (i.e., no errors pop up), but when I try to play the CD on my laptop or my car's CD player, the CD doesn't play. (I don't think the problem's with the car because I used to be able to play CDs before... and it can play previously burned CDs).

I'm more than fine using a program like CDBurnerXP, but I'm just wondering why it used to work and now doesn't work anymore...

#8 ricciolo

ricciolo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

@Broni,

I forgot to mention this earlier, but CDBurnerXP works quite well. Thank you!

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users