Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kazaa Spyware Wrecked My Computer-need Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shlbymom82

shlbymom82

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

i recently downloaded kazaa to download one song----and now my computer is wrecked. all this for one song--anyway, after uninstalling it, my microsoft antispyware ran and found something under kazaa--so i told it to remove the spyware. with doing that it deleted alot of things, including my aol explorer, microsoft antispyware, spybot, symantec firewall and a few other things. now i cant access my webpages and i have no firewall running that i can see. i tried to do a system restore but it wouldnt let me restore to any date. i have no idea what to do now and i need to have help quick because i cant access my online web pages for school. i will post a hijack this log for you to see---thanks for the help
i just looked and found it has deleted hijackthis as well
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spiritcloud

spiritcloud

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

Dang. Sorry for your loss is appropriate?

Is your internet service through AOL? Do you have Internet Explorer, and if so, will it access the pages you need? If Internet Explorer was not messed up as well, it will work as long as you have an internet connection for it to use. May need to edit the internet settings for it to connect properly.

Some other things to try:

-Insert your Windows CD ROM and use the repair option.
-Use Windows Update to scan your pc for needed fixes and such
-Download your missing programs and reinstall them if possible.

A drastic step you can take is to reinstall windows completely, but you have to weigh the consequences of that against your needs.

Let us know what sort of internet service you have(dial-up, dsl, broadband). Also check for Internet Explorer and see if it will open correctly and get you to your web pages.
Nobility is not a birthright--it is a way of life.

#3 shlbymom82

shlbymom82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

i have internet cable, and i used aol explorer so it wasnt technically aol completely. i tried internet explorer and it wont let me access the school website and others that i have under favorites. I have been through the settings and have tried everything.......i am currently doing the panda scan, reinstalled spybot, and am going to go through the suggested steps before posting a hijackthis log. so hopefully we can figure out whats going on with this bleeping computer!!!! thanks

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

If you can install Ad-Aware, Spybot, and your AV, and then run all those in Safe Mode, you may be able to get rid of enough to make some needed applications function, and then post a HJT log.
You may have downloaded a lot more than what you thought was one song.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 chacmol

chacmol

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

Hi, I have been reading about your problem, and seems me that the options that are proposed they are you good and i would like to add a new one opinion install the webroot spyware sweeper (personally i think one of the greatest programs to remove some ad-wares an specially spywares it doesn't joke's) and if you wish to download some more music use the limewire... :thumbsup:

i use these for too many time and they have give me greath results...

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:25 AM

A couple of links to check out, for future reference:
Risks of File-Sharing Technology
Spyware Infested Filesharing Programs
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users