Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

News from the Australian Media

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

Australian woman want a case of Law for urine accident

Perth (ANP) A 35 years old Australian woman that her self on a garden fence pinned then she did a pee from the balcony and felt, has the owner of the house, her ex fiance, charged.
That are the sources from miscellaneous Australian media today.

The woman, Michelle X, says that the balcony from her ex fiance did not on the building design, had no ballustrade and it had also a bad light.
The danger was not necessary when her ex fiance had cares that his balcony was in good condition, so were the words from her Lawyer.

Mrs X was after the fall very wounded and must have after this, plastic surgery.
She says that she have pain from her member signs, depressed and post traumatical stress as consequence of the fall.

I was looking for something and got this under my eyes.
I hope that my translation is okay, because, there were words in my own language, words what I didn't know how I must translate this in English.
I have the last name from the victim changed in X, because I don't know or the Mod or Admin find good when the real name appears here on the forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Here is the story: Woman sues ex-fiance after falling while .......... By Norrie Ross From:Herald Sun

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

Her statement of claim says that her injuries while urinating were "a danger which could have been avoided with reasonable care on behalf of the defendant''.

...or by using the toilet? :blink: :whistle:

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:47 AM

I have never heard a woman urinating outside before :wacko:

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

:hysterical:

That is just unreal.

My God, what next?

Ladies can acually pee without squatting, just like a male can. get real and ask one? They only squat because that is ingrained as Kids, by their Mothers. Talk to Female Service People, no way would they squat in Combat, their Male Mates would take no notice if they just let it all out. That is the real World.

Lack of Balistrating is not his fault as the house had to be approved by a Council. (Local Government Rules). Obviously there was just a short distance involved? There are no Rules to cap a picket fence. Just rediculious.

All these from Animal's Link.

In a Supreme Court writ, Michelle Egglestone of South Ballarat claims that the veranda at the house in Smythes Creek was constructed without any or with inadequate ballustrading and this caused her to fall a small distance to the star picket fence below.

She had sued Leslie Furness, saying that he failed to ensure the veranda complied with the building codes, failed to ensure the star pickets underneath had protective capping to minimise the risk of anyone "coming into contact with them''.

Why the heck would she want to pee in the dark? Unless she was Drunk?

"The plaintiff sustained injury at the premises whilst she was urinating from the veranda which was inadequately lit,'' it says.

Blind Freddy, the Lawyer, from the other side, would take ten minutes to sew it up against her in a Court and ask for Damages against his Clienent and also his/her fee.

She just wants to make a NAME for herself, all I can think of?

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 10 June 2011 - 07:22 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#6 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

I think in all that the woman is angry with her ex lover, because she got the Holy Cross from her ex lover.
We men do know all, that when a woman is angry, she is as the Devil.
But now is the question: Does she win the case.? I say, no she doesn't.

#7 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

The only way she will win is if he cannot afford the high legal fees of Supreme Court? At least $25,000 up front for a Lawyer to even look at the Case, then a fortune after that.

There is also a possibility that he may not have had protector caps fitted.

Star Pickets are widely used throughout Australia, particularly in tempory Safety fences around construction sites, then reused elsewhere. Cost is around $5 each new.

Pictutes of one plus picture of protector caps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now if it was a construction site, which I very much doubt, it MUST have protector caps fitted under occupation and safety Laws, but if it is just a fence, then it is not against any Law not to have protector caps fitted. There are billions of them used that are not capped throughout Australia.

Her biggest problem was peeing in the dark off the edge instead of using the toilet. Strongly points to her being Drunk at the time.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#8 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

I always have to laugh at these type of stories, read of many in the UK as well in recent years, where someone is essentially being an idiot or showing off to their mates, and usually ends up injuring themselves by sheer idiocy when it would be just as easy to stumble through a door to the toilet, yeah maybe a bloke would pee off the edge of a balcony because generally we are more likely to do something like that and obviously it easier to us to pee of a balcony as well.

But as mentioned, it sounds like she was drunk fell over and rather than admitting she was probably acting stupidly (usually women always think they are right :P) she decides to sue the bloke who owns the property, it further proves this blame culture that has come about in today's world, where someone is always sued for the most ludicrous things.
Don't some people have better things to do with their time?, the bloody solicitors don't help by encouraging people to sue to try line their own pockets with money, not that I blame them entirely since they are trying to earn money the way they know how.

#9 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

I have never heard a woman urinating outside before

Women are delicious creatures, but there are some women, they are nuts.
And for all when they are angry with a man.
It is ironical that she thinks, that she can win the case, not one normal thinking Judge gives her right.
I think that she got in the Courthouse the jokers on her hand. Belief me.
It is good that she doesn't win the case, because when she shall win the case, than follow more people, they do that.
The World on his head.

#10 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Interesting enough, usual procedure in a case like this where people are Hospitalised a Blood Test is always carried out. A smart Lawyer will get a Court Order to obtain the results of those Tests. Yep, Alcohol level will show up.. :hysterical:

In everyday use, alcohol usually refers to drinks such as beer, wine, or spirits containing ethyl alcohol - a substance that can cause drunkenness and changes in consciousness, mood, and emotions. It is these intoxicating and psychoactive effects that lead to so many accidents, injuries, diseases, and disruptions in the family life of everyday Australians.

Link

http://www.alcohol.gov.au/

Under Australian Law, being Drunk is no Defense in any Case. Obviously the same applies when a person that was Drunk sues someone else. A Judge would certainly not be pleased to have a Matter like this before him and could very well make an example of her. :whistle:

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 11 June 2011 - 07:24 PM.

What is a Dog?

#11 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

In everyday use, alcohol usually refers to drinks such as beer, wine, or spirits containing ethyl alcohol - a substance that can cause drunkenness and changes in consciousness

I am right with you.

Alcohol and Drugs are not health for the human!
It will be time that the Governments take measures.

Edited by RadioNorthsea, 12 June 2011 - 06:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users