Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Capture Device

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wazz

wazz

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

Can anyone tell me about Video Capture devices, what works well and is affordable. How they work and do they work?/
Thanks
WAzzzz

Dell Dimension 8400
Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHZ

Mod Edit: Closed tags. ~tg~

Edited by tg1911, 07 January 2006 - 03:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:25 PM

Prices and ablity vary. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Which device do you want to get footage from (camcorder, TV, etc.)? Do you want a capture card or a USB capture device? Do you want to burn the video to a DVD or CD-ROM? How much are you willing to spend? And of course, you'll need video editing software. Do you want that included? Or do you want to spend more on another program?

Those are just a few things to think about. Maybe a more experienced person can help you out more. I not an expert, but here is a good resource to help you make some decisions:

Video Help.com

This site has everything you need to know about video and video capture (and then some!). I have researched this topic a little, because one day, I want a capture device for my computer (lack of cash prevent that now!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users