Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dvgott

dvgott

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

I am trying to uninstall combofix according to the guide and tutorial on using ComboFix. I typed in on Windows 7, "Combofix /uninstall" and after running for a couple of minutes, I received the warning "Windows cannot find 'NIRCMD' make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". After that the monitor went back to my start up page. What do I do or is ComboFix uninstalled??

EDIT: To remove email address to preclude the harvesting of email address by spambots. Thereby filling your email with more spam that you care to imagine. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hi, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

If you still have the combofix.exe file on your computer, right click on it and select Rename. Rename the file to uninstall.exe and run it like that. If you get the same error, try to redownload combofix.

As a general note, it is not recommended to run combofix unsupervised; this is a powerful tool and can cause serious damage in some cases.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users