Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless KB/M don't work after startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gorgatron

Gorgatron

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been driving myself crazy the past few hours trying to iron out this little issue of mine to no avail. I have a logitech wave wireless kb/m combo on one of my machines that has been working until today. I had moved the computer to another room and in doing so had unplugged everything. I noticed after startup that windows automatic driver update kicked in and as I moved the mouse over to see what it was trying to update my keyboard and mouse both ceased to function. I'm not very savvy in the ways of the driver and at this point in time I only have a wired mouse working on my machine (no wired keyboard available). I should point out that this happened both with the front panel usb ports as well as the on board ports. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the pair but it was no good. I thought perhaps I could get around this issue and try to turn off automatic update if i rolled the computer back a day and went into safe mode to work it out but the computer just updates the drivers there as well.

If there are some other things I can try I would love to hear them, I'm starting to get rather frustrated over my inability to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Turn off automatic updates.

Go into safe mode and remove the current drivers for the wireless devices.

Reboot...reinstall the drivers from the disk which came with the wireless kb/mouse.

Louis

#3 Gorgatron

Gorgatron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

The setpoint program that came with the kb/m combo was starting to act up as well so I picked up a new kb/m combo and it works fine. Tested the wave out on another computer and seems it's on the last leg of a long journey with me. Thanks again for the help but the new kb/m is working out for me.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for posting your resolution...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users