Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best MAC Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kryptonite

Kryptonite

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

The last Mac laptop that was given to me that i loved ( Free is a good option! ) powerbook G3 was a tank to carry around but did just about everything i needed to do.

i am tempted to look on ebay for the last version of that style powerbook but for the money these days i think i probably can get a lighter, faster, better equipped MAC laptop including a new one.

Would love to hear some idea's from those who have had the experience with what's out there.

Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

Well I guess my first question would be, what do you use your laptop for? Photo/ video editing? Music production? Basic day to day computing?

#3 Kryptonite

Kryptonite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Well I guess my first question would be, what do you use your laptop for? Photo/ video editing? Music production? Basic day to day computing?

The quandary is i would like the MAC to do it all. The old G3 "WallStreet" pretty much did everything i currently do photo editing being the most Mac oriented. Getting on the net was not worth the cost to get it to go wifi. i think the last version "Pismo" was better equipped to do the internet easily.

The one new thing that i've gotten into is digital media editing ( video? )

Hard drive size isn't too important with usb3 or firewire externals.

Since more is usually better when buying new or even used computers these days my most important concern is heat and reliability including which version of the MAC OS is most trouble free.

#4 Kryptonite

Kryptonite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

you must be doing thinks via wifi
obviously you must be doing work on net

Yes i am and it would be great if the MAC came with it preloaded.

Otherwise what i said to MarkGS is what i want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users