Hello Kal-EL and welcome to the forum. You do have some nasty junk onboard, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, follow these instructions.
1) Download, update, configure and run these two programs: http://tomcoyote.org/aawsb.php
The newest version of Ad-aware is 1.06 and Spybot 1.04. Even if you have these programs, use the link to get the newest version, update and configure them as in the link. Run Spybot first, reboot then run Ad-aware. Both programs back up what they remove so delete anything the programs say should be removed.
2) Ewido scan:
Please download Ewido Security Suite
it is a trial version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
- The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update
- Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido.Ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
- You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
- If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
- DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
- If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.**(Ewido for example has been flagging parts of AVG Anti-Virus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk")
3)Download CCleaner from this link: http://www.ccleaner.com/
Review the instructions http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour1.asp
Run CCleaner, Windows & Applications when you run the registry cleaner (Issues) you will be prompted to backup before you can remove stuff, make sure you do. Then restart the computer and post a new HJT log
and the ewido scan results
in this same thread. Post your comments, we will have more to do