Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to create a dummy DLL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 alpha4345

alpha4345

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hello guys,

I actually own a Zune HD, which handles a cracked application named "Liberate" that allow people to use Windows CE on it.

So I tried to install a game on WinCE, but one library named "cellcore.dll" is missing in order to run it. So a professional guy recommended me to create a dummy DLL to pretend to be cellcore.dll or modify the exe to not import from cellcore.dll. I don't know how to make both, so here's my question:

1. Which method is the easiest? How many time it takes?

2. Make a short and easy tutorial in order to learn me how to create a dummy DLL or modify the exe file.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Thank you very much! Alpha4354

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

I actually own a Zune HD, which handles a cracked application named "Liberate" that allow people to use Windows CE on it.

If you just need a dummy file, all you need to do is create a file called cellcore.dll, and place it wherever it needs to be placed. Other than that, we frown on members that used stolen software. You are a thief, and that is not the kind of people with which we choose to associate.

EDIT: Don't send me PM's denying that you stole software. Cracked software implies that you do not own the application, not own the licensing rights to the software. I have no need for forgiveness. If you didn't really mean that you were trying to work with cracked software, then you should not have said so.

Edited by groovicus, 08 June 2011 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users