Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SECURITY ESSENTIALS 2010 MALWARE HIJACK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MIKE9

MIKE9

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hello everyone! its my first time on due to above malware. it has taken my administrator job from me then fired me. i run windows seven professional and am chatting and able to be here is a b/up drive i had installed in tower but was not plugged into the system yet. i basically am mainly concerned with is all the steps involed with and proper procedure of injecting rkill.com into infected drive thru either this one or preferablly a thumbdrive. it is unreal how quick it shuts you out and starts shutting everything down! I never fired this drive before and gave it 7 of the disc. i honestly hate that drive but have alot there of importance. SO QUESTIONS: 1)I'm prestep1 and my rkill.com dwnld keeps gettin axed by my int/sec. (i can handle this np); it should look offensive i would think! correct? 2) i dont want to cross contaminate drives! but would not mind pulling off "clean data" ontothis one. safest? best? 3) anytips and tricks cause im really missing all the fine tuning of settings, links, shortcuts etc. and sorry but this internet explorer still bugs me at version9. 4) i have the spelled out process list and it looks easy enough, someone else suggested reinstalling the os onto infected drive, but the dang computer is doin such weird things, i couldnt tell ya if it worked cause it seemed to stall too long and fear drove me to seal it off inside w/ no power, and extract it when better equiped! ;) any replies appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MIKE9

MIKE9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

In an effort to be more clear, for readers;....... my problem appears as a security program offering to help me remove my "47" infections etc. for a nominal fee of $79.00. Any thing i tried it would stop me and throw up a popup stating what i was tring to do was infected. i went to the security essentials "how to remove " instructions seeing that i didnt see it in ad/ remove programs and never asked for it. of couse they were false and from there i went to system restore whereupon they tell you there arent any restore points to be found. Which is BS because i get one on every windows 7 update etc. so from there i killed power and took steps to research the best course of action. I assume that sticking with this original topic is better than create new because i titled it appropriately. & i am as yet not to the 3 day marker so a response should come to this topic first correct? Anyway in an effort to not let my impatience get the better of me i will wait it out i guess. My only concern is that i will bee leaving for up to a week this weekend and unfortunately will get response then and not be near my desktop to follow instruction and of course goto back of the line when i am again able to attempt this> Any suggestions? Maybe i should pack up this beast ? UNSURE! Thanks again for this site and the work you do!

Edited by MIKE9, 09 June 2011 - 09:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users