Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Recovery virus thread #12,721

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LukeJSH

LukeJSH

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hi there! Having visited a, ahem, 'adult' website, my PC became infected with the 'Windows XP Recovery' virus, and It's hidden all of my files and task managers, and has slowed the computer right down.

However, the main problem is that the virus seems to be self-aware (a bit like HAL 9000) and whenever I initiate the Anti-Malware or Trojan Killer setup, and it's about to launch, the computer is made to restart. Every. Time. What can I do to prevent this, and get the motherhumping virus removed?

Any help would be greatly-appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Luke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users