Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Happy IPv6 Day!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/faster-forward/post/ipv6-day-whats-going-on-tomorrow/2011/06/07/AGjcfNLH_blog.html?wpisrc=nl_tech

Y2K. The May 21 Rapture. IPv6 Day. Lucky for us all, IPv6 Day will probably have about as much of a cataclysmic effect as the other two. Here's what you need to know about IPv6 Day, how you'll be affected and why you shouldn't panic.

snip

So what and when is IPv6 Day?
IPv6 Day is a 24-hour test drive of IPv6, when major companies try the new protocol. This takes place Wednesday, June 8.
Who's participating? Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Akamai and Limelight Networks are major players in IPv6 Day in the United States, as are the State, Commerce and Veterans Affairs departments.
Why are they doing this? These companies are flipping the switch on IPv6 to encourage other Web sites to start prepping for the change before we exhaust all the IPv4 addresses.
Will it keep me from accessing my favorite sites? In theory, no. It shouldn't be a problem. IPv6 will be running alongside IPv4, so the day will be a total success if nobody notices anything different.
What could go wrong? There's a chance that your computer or other device will have problems accessing sites that are running both IPv6 and IPv4 at the same time.

How can I test my computer? Head to this "eye test" to see whether your computer is able to access sites running both protocols within 10 seconds.

Results of my test: Facebook FAIL!!!

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

My test 100% Succeeded.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

All websites reached successfully! No problems expected for World IPv6 Day from this computer at this location.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

All 100% for me as well.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Just figured out why Facebook isn't connecting...AdBlock Plus "Fanboy's Annoyance" filter doing it's job?

Posted Image

Edited by Union_Thug, 08 June 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#6 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

I'm all good as well.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#7 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

One Fail - ISC. Site takes about 80 secs to open in IE8.

Edit: Checked again today - 100% Success.

Edited by petewills , 09 June 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#8 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

100% for me on Chrome and Firefox!

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users