a couple of things to see :
Please download maxhandle.exe by noahdfear
to your desktop
- Double click and run the application
- An active internet connection is required so that maxhandle.exe may download a tool from SysInternals
- If Max++ is present the log will open automatically.
- If Max++ is not found Nothing found! is echoed to the screen - no log is produced.
- Log is saved to c:\maxhandle.txt
Please post the results for my review
You must first verify that you can logon to the Windows Recovery Console.
To do so, you must have the Recovery Console installed or use the Windows XP installation cd.
Next, please downloadmaxlook
, saving the file to your desktop.
Double click maxlook.exe to run it. Note - you must run it only once!
As instructed when the tool runs, restart the computer and logon to the Recovery Console.
Execute the following bolded command at the x:\windows> prompt <--- the red x represents your operating system drive letter, usually Cbatch look.bat
You will see 1 file copied many times then return to the x:\windows> prompt.
Type Exit to restart your computer then logon in normal mode.
Please run maxlook.exe again now. Note - you must run it only once!
It will produce looklog.txt on the desktop and open it.
Please post the results here.
Edited by teacup61, 08 June 2011 - 03:11 PM.