Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

request program to open all exe programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 moe3rd

moe3rd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

I have followed the instructions found on preparation guide 6-9. I need help resolving a problem where in normal mode everytime I try to open a program it ask me what program i want to open it with. Everything works in Safe Mode.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dds.txt   8.56KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi,

I see you have malwarebytes installed here...

Please log in into the account where exe files won't run... in normal mode
Then, make sure extensions are shown, see here how to do this.
Then, navigate to the C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Antimalware folder and locate the file mbam.exe in there
Rename mbam.exe to mbam.com
Then, doubleclick mbam.com. This will allow malwarebytes to open. First use the update tab and check if there are updates. Download the updates.
Then, perform a quick scan and let Malwarebytes remove what it found. Reboot afterwards. Malwarebytes should restore the associations for exe files again if run from the affected account.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users