Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry entry: keyhole.com / keyholeclient

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tremain

Tremain

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

To whom it may concern:

I am just learning about the windows registry for XP Home Edition with service pack 3, and came across this entry in the registry under: HKEY_current_user/software/keyhole.com/keyholeclient. I have looked up this program on the internet and am more confused than when I began this adventure. There is a vast difference of opinion about keyhole.com, what it is, and what it does. I would like to know if this is a key logger program. If it is can I delete it from my registry? Also I have not been able to discover if this registry entry is associated with any other program. When I click on the folder icon for keyhole.com the description in the right pane of the window list name: default, type: REG_SZ, and data: (value not set), these are the same values shown for the folder keyholeclient. I have run a scan with Avast free, version 6.0.1125, virus definitions version 110608-0, and do not find any infections. I am looking forward to learning more about my computer and how it works. Below are the specifications of the computer I am currently using.

Os Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: PCV-RX651(UC)
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~1715 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date: Award Software, Inc. ACPI BIOS Revision 1002, 12/18/2001
SMBIOS Version: 2.3
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale: United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

Thank you for your time and consideration:

Tremain

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

Take a look here: http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/keyhole.com

Which shows that Keyhole.com belongs to google. With that in mind note the following.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.google.com
ns3.google.com
ns2.google.com
ns4.google.com

and

Websites Related To Keyhole.com

www.movabletype.org Movable Type
www.miibeian.gov.cn 信�产业部ICP/IP地�信�备案管�系统
www.hello.com Hello
www.googlestore.com Googlestore
www.blogger.com Blogger.com
worldwind.arc.nasa.gov NASA World Wind
wordpress.org WordPress
maps.google.com Google Maps
newrecruit.org Newrecruit
www.statcounter.com StatCounter.com

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Tremain

Tremain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

Thank you for the information, and the link. I think You have answered all my questions for the moment.

Tremain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users