Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All User files have been moved to public folders

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cyndiivy

cyndiivy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

I was not at home when this started so I do not have a good history. By the time I arrived home from work, all desktop icons were gone, Windows was not able to find my background photos. Looking through my system, all documents, photos and videos have been moved from our User folders to Public Folders.

We have run MBAM, Avira, Stinger and CC Cleaner - all find nothing. There may have been some issues initially, but I just can't stop my husband from "trying" stuff before I get home. I do not have, nor did I see any of the logs. Feels more like a "hack" but I'm afraid it's just malware designed to look like a hack - cause really - we're boring, there's 'nothing to see here'.

I want to move my files, but also don't really want to do anything until the real issue can be resolved.

I searched and could not find a similar problem - googled it as well and all the responses point to user error rather than anything else.

We are running Windows 7 Professional. I can't even open the documents folder at this point, only the photos and videos.......

This is the first time I have run into this and I'm stumped...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users