Let me start by thanking you guys at bleepingcomputer for fixing my computer when i had an infection yesterday morning. A trojan (i think) named windows diagnostics was to blame which hid all of my computer files. All i had open was an internet explorer which through google led me to your iexplore.exe/unhide/malwarebytes solution which i followed.
My problem as of now. The last two times i booted up windows it showed my background and the mouse cursor, nothing else. I tried ctrl-alt-del which worked but i am too noob to understand every process. After a power button reset all was back to normal and i ran malwarebytes once more. It asked me to reboot (found 2 more worms) and the above happened again. Not really a massive problem but it is annoying and it did not happen two days ago.
Also my internet explorer sometimes (not always) redirects a search result to askjeeves, a redirect to redirect to a random website and it generates popups (they appear in random intervals or only when i use iexplorer). This is also annoying and it seems a leftover from the windows diagnostics trojan.
I tried using hijackthis to kill abnormal processes (as far as i can tell) but some still stand out and i can use a professional hand in the matter.
In the background there is a highly suspicious Fvajic.exe which drains 50% comp memory and when i google the name i only get chinese character search results (which ofcourse adds to my suspicion). I can end this process in task manager but it pops back in every once in a while and on reboot it is also immediately present. Also there are 2 google update entries in hijackthis which won't fix. I also tried windows anti-malware program. I ran it and it found some worms. After fixing i ended up in a rebootloop and had to use safemode/restore point so i guess something is still amiss on my computer.
The programs i currently have on my computer are hjt, malwarebytes, ccleaner (and the iexplore.exe / unhide programs from before). No other antivirus or similar programs installed.
EDIT: For future reference. It was the salinity virus. Malwarebyte solved it after multiple full scans combined with hijackthis.
Edited by Fred111, 09 June 2011 - 12:22 AM.
Moved to log forum. ~BZ