Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mbsa 2.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Papa G

Papa G

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

I have recently installed MBSA 2.0 on a Win XP Pro, SP2, fully updated and clean machine.

When I try to run a scan I get the message "The category file is damaged or an Invalid Catalog"

What is the resolution to this problem please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

MBSA info can be found HERE.

From the MS web site:

This error can occur if the wsusscan.cab file is located in a read-only directory (such as on a CD-ROM). The MBSA command-line utility extracts files from the .cab file by writing files to the directory that the .cab file is in, and will report this error if it cannot write files to that directory. To avoid this error, make sure that wsusscan.cab is in a directory to which the account running mbsacli.exe has write access.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users