Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Av In Zip Rescue Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gonsalves

gonsalves

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:32 AM

Hi Friends,
My friends' computer runs on Windows 98SE. He uses Norton antivirus 2004. Recently, whenever he tries to open Norton it says that the application cannot run in "Zip rescue mode". He is not connected to internet and updates his AV program by downloading the updates file with another machine. Anyone know what this Zip rescue mode is? Please let me know how to overcome this problem.
Thankyou.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jubo

Jubo

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

You might want to check with the Norton site: Error: "This application cannot run in Zip rescue Mode"

Edited by Jubo, 07 January 2006 - 11:58 AM.

#3 gonsalves

gonsalves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:31 AM

Thanks pal, Iwas mighty careless. I should have checked with Norton first before posting in the Forum. Sorry & Once again Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users