Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Clock

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpm1363

jpm1363

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hello all,

The other night we had a power outage in our area, and when the power came back on the clock on my computer was wrong. I went in to the control panel and changed it back, however; whenever I restart the my pc the time is wrong again. Any ideas how to fix? I am running window XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hello, if your battery hasn't failed,this should do it...

To fix the clock display:

Go to Start >> Control Panel.
Select Regional and Language Options.
In the Standards and Formats section... next to the language you are using... click the Customize...button
Press the Time...tab.
In the Time Format...box, for 12 hour time display... change the format to:

h mm ss tt
or
hh mm ss tt

Select the other display options you want... separator, AM, PM...

When done...click Apply and OK as needed.

You should check the “Time Zone” tab of the Date and Time Properties to be sure you have it set correctly. You can also place a check by the “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes”, if needed.

Edited by boopme, 07 June 2011 - 09:05 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Also, if it is off by one hour turn off synching with a time zone server
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users