Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Psp 9 Question?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 starzzss

starzzss

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:16 AM

I just downloaded the psp9. if i find some tubes i like , how do i go about downloading them? where do i put them so they will show up in my psp9?

thanks,
starzzss :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

*.tub files are put in the "C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 9\tubes" folder. Some of the names may be different now that Corel owns PSP or if you chose another folder on installation. Just search for files ending in .tub if you cannot find it.

You can also make your own tubes which is a lot of fun - I have a write up I can post if you want it.

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 GaminNeo

GaminNeo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:55 PM

are you talking about PSP video9? im an expert on psp's and i just want to tell you that psp video9 sucks compared to all the other encoding programs. PSP video express is a good one, also Modyn's jMEnce.

#4 starzzss

starzzss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

*.tub files are put in the "C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 9\tubes" folder. Some of the names may be different now that Corel owns PSP or if you chose another folder on installation. Just search for files ending in .tub if you cannot find it.

You can also make your own tubes which is a lot of fun - I have a write up I can post if you want it.

:thumbsup:

I would love for you to post it! thanks!

hugs,
starzzss

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:59 AM

This is a guide I wrote while trying to talk a friend through a tutorial on another website, its based on PSP7 but I'd imagine it would transfer to 9 fairly closely. Let me know.

Making your own tube:
This example tells you how to make a tube of leaves so you can easily draw trees and potted shrubs.

Make a new picture 200x200 pixels, 16million colours, transparent background. Resolution set to about 100 pixels per inch.
Make six leaves
Create a new layer called FILL for some white fill. (Have you got the layers tool on the standard toolbar?)
Create a new layer called LEAF to draw in.
Pick up a green colour from a photo of greenery or from colour swatches you have available. [Save swatches to a folder on your hard drive then open them in PSP and you can use the dropper to pick the colour off them as you go along.]
Draw a teardrop shape. Different versions of PSP may not have this option in 'Shapes', if not draw an ellipse and distort it or draw it 'by hand'.
For some reason I couldn't distort the ellipse with the deformation tool so I just outlined my green ellipse and applied a perspective effect (from Effects>Geometric) to turn my ellipse into a leaf/egg shape.
My leaf is about 60x30 pixels, other tutorials say make them smaller but it would be awfully pixelled if I did that. :thumbsup: Pressing on.....
Make 6 leaves by duplicating the LEAF layer. Use the 'Mover' tool (looks like 4 arrows joined) to move the copy from right on top of the original leaf and set it beside it. Repeat the duplicate and the move until you have six leaves laid out on the white background in two rows of three.
Vary the Colours:
There are several different ways of changing the leaf colour. E.g. Using the lasoo, the magic wand and the colour replacement tool.
I'll just use the lasoo because its the easiest way.
The trick is you have to be working in the correct layer for the leaf you lasoo, otherwise you lasoo 'nothing' and nothing happens when you try to change the colour. To see which layer corresponds to each leaf double-click the spectacles(glasses?) icon in the layer palette. One of the leaves will dissappear and appear again. That's the leaf in that layer and you can use the lasoo tool on it while that layer is highlighted.
Draw a rough outline around the leaf, then CLICK ON THE LEAF and the outline will shrink down to fit it exactly. Then change to the dropper tool, select a different green from the swatch image as a foreground colour and use the Flood-Fill tool to paint the leaf. (TIP: go back to the lasoo tool and right click outside the leaf you have just changed. This will deselect the leaf and put it back in its layer)
Do this for the reamaining leaves. Now you have six different coloured leaves.
Vary the Leaves:
Rotate the leaves by selecting each layer in turn (and select the leaf again using the lasoo) using the Rotate tool (Ctrl+R is a handy shortcut) rotate the leaves through some random angles. Remember to deselect the leaves by right clicking the lasoo elsewhere when your satisfied with the rotate.
While the leaves are selected you could also resize them slightly to add some variety.
Align the leaves:
Now set a Grid so the leaves can be evenly spaced:
View>Grid puts up a grid that's too fine.
View>'Change Grid and Guide Properties' and change the grid spacing (and colour if you like) until you have six squares the leaves will fit into.
Using the Mover tool drag the leaves into their respective squares. (If you click on a leaf with the Mover it will automatically select the layer that leaf is in)
Make the Tube:
Now if the six leaves are in six boxes crop the image by using the cropping tool from the tool palette to make an outline round just those six boxes. Then Click Image> crop from the standard toolbar.
Now you have an image that is only six boxes with a leaf in each box.
Now turn off the grid. (View>Grid)
Remove the white FILL layer. (highlight FILL, right-click then delete)
Merge the layers. (Right-click any layer - Merge>Merge Visible)
Export the image as a picture tube. (File>Export>Picture Tube)
The 'Export Picture Tube' dialog opens and here you enter the number of squares across the image in 'cells across'(3) and the number down the image in 'cells down' (2). The recommended step size is 100 but I don't know what effect this has if you change it. Give the tube a descriptive name like "Leaves Summer" and click OK.
Test it
Open a new image and test your tube by selecting the tubes tool and choosing your "Leaves Summer" tube and just click away. My leaves weren't too leaf like and I think it would be better with more leaf colours and positions but it definitely works. You can make the tube with any number of leaves, six is just a good starting point. Different tubes for left-hand leaves, right-hand leaves, background or foreground would help also, it depends what type of effect you are after.
Copyright Rimmer 2005.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users