Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Yone Know What 'win32" Is?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nathansdad04

nathansdad04

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

I keep getting a popup from Zone alarm(or AVG...I forget which one) that Win32 services are trying to access the internet etc. I blocked it and am not sure if I should let it thru. What is Win32 and how the heck do I let it thru if I want to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jubo

Jubo

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

I keep getting a popup from Zone alarm(or AVG...I forget which one)

It would be very elpful if you would know which firewall gives you this message.

that Win32 services are trying to access the internet etc.

Is this the entire message?

I blocked it and am not sure if I should let it thru. What is Win32 and how the heck do I let it thru if I want to?

Depends on which program is giving you this message. Usually with Zonealarm you can block it or allow it..

#3 nathansdad04

nathansdad04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:37 AM

The next time the message pops up...I'll post it

#4 nathansdad04

nathansdad04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

The message is from Zone Alarm and says something like "Generic host for Win32 services" has been blocked. Any idea what this is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users