Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Function keys disabled after virus clean up on Sony Vaio Laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Flea2402

Flea2402

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

Recently I had some trouble with a virus. My AVG deleted all of the effected files and since, with the help of SweetTech in the malware forum, my computer is clean again. However, I think a few of the files that were deleted were in charge of the blue keys which among other things allowed me to change the screen brightness, zoom in and out, change screen to a monitor or tv and sleep the computer. However some of the functions where you have to press Fn for do work like Scr Lk and a few other keys. I do have a list of all of the files that were deleted. I'm not sure if these functions are the only things not working, but they are standing out at the moment.

Here are all of the files that were deleted that had Sony related file names (there were more deleted files if anyone needs to see them). Maybe someone can tell me if one of these would cause me the described problem and if there is any way to remedy?

c:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\WMPlugIn\SonicStageMonitoring.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\WMPlugIn\SonicStageMonitoring.exe
c:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe

Thanks in advance for any help!

~Flea

~Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users