Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Usb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pokeman

pokeman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:38 AM

I have built a new computer and have 2 USB ports on the case, each with a cable. I also want to install a Aerocool multifunction panel in a front bay, this to has two cables. The cable on the aerocool can receed through the back of the case but to me this is tacky and takes up two of USB ports on the back which I think kinda defeats the purpose. There is also an add-on USB in the rear slot w/LED diagnostic lights that came with the MSI Motherboard, What I want to do is splice all these cables together and solder w/shrink wrap,,Is this possible. I know that USB thereticly can supply 127 devices but can I do this inside the case with only the two ports on the motherboard without any conflicts. This seems thereticly sound but I wanted other opinions before I start cutting cables.
You can view pc at: http://spaces.msn.com/members/pokemansgspot/
It's the blue one the grey one still has alot of work

Pokeman

Edited by pokeman, 07 January 2006 - 10:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:40 PM

It will work. I spliced a standard plug on and plugged it into the internal USB port on the card it's self. That gave me 4 ports on the front of the computer in a 5" bay adapter.
I guess the point is that it worked for me. I used liquid electrical tape. Comes in a can and applies with a brush. Liquid electical tape
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users