Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Highly Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 infected mqan

infected mqan

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

Welll, I was currently being helped by boopme in the "Am I Infected?" section of the forums- and he told me I needed to come here.

What we have done so far: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic401905.html

Last thing we did was run GMER. I got about 20 different error messages that pop up. And right now I can't use the computer (open a browser, open programs), because these error messages keep popping up.

I can copy and write each error message if needed, but every error and step i've taken can be found in that link in the other section of forums.

Again, I can't even use my PC now, and don't know what to do with these error messages.

My initial problems were:
Can't install Windows Updates (sp3 specifically, and others)
Can't uninstall programs (Itunes, and random programs, games)
Re-directing when open browser--- (Fixed, I think)

Right now my computer is being idle with the error message waiting for me to press [ok], once I do that another will just pop up immediately. I will await further instructions.

Thanks,
Mitch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 infected mqan

infected mqan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Was concluded that my system has been completely compromised. This topic can be closed, as I started a topic requesting help to reformat in another section of the forums. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Mitch

#3 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Mitch,

Thanks for posting back to inform us of your decision to perform a reformat and re-install. Sometimes that's the best option to take with an infected computer.

As requested, I'll go ahead and close this topic.

Kindest Regards,
SweetTech.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users