Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microcode update error on bootup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Data

Mr.Data

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

Microcode update error on bootup

Hi everyone, I have a Hp Compaq dc5100mt
its working fine but the BIOS post screen comes up with this error on every start up and you have to press F1 to continue every time; "1801-Microcode update error. Missing or invalid processor microcode update."
(The processor fitted is not the original one but the system still works fine once you continue on from the post screen)

I downloaded the microcode update. The problem is that the microcode updater (see the following images) asks for a destination disk to drive A:, But I have no drive A:, "Floppy"

Can you help ??

Posted Image

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

Since that utility appears to be creating a bootable floppy disk to install the update, I don't see any option other than temporarily fitting up a 3.5" FDD. Someome else may have another idea though...
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Mr.Data

Mr.Data
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Since that utility appears to be creating a bootable floppy disk to install the update, I don't see any option other than temporarily fitting up a 3.5" FDD. Someome else may have another idea though...

Thanks for your respond and waiting for a solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users